IT''S SCRABBLE TIME
Stop in the Library during the month of March and you could win a game of Scrabble. Pick your letters, place your word on our supersize game board and you just might win. Here are the details and the rules.
- Players must use the official Scrabble game board and tiles provided.
- Only one entry per person, per game. Games will last as long as tiles are available. When tiles run out, a new game will start. We will announce new games and winners on social media.
- Players must place their tiles on the board according to the standard Scrabble rules.
- Valid words must be at least three letters long and must be found in a standard English dictionary. Proper nouns, abbreviations, obscene speech, and acronyms are NOT PERMITTED and will be removed from the board.
- Points are awarded based on the value of each letter tile and any special squares on the game board that are occupied by the word.
- The player with the highest score at the end of the game wins the contest. In case of a tie, a winner will be chosen randomly from those with the same score. Any disputes or violations of the rules will be resolved by the game officiants.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Fill out the entry form with your name and phone. Hold on to your entry sheet until you have formed your word.
- Pull 7 tiles from the tile box.
- Arrange your word on the Scrabble board. Your word must be incorporated with other words on the board and cannot be free-standing on its own (as per Scrabble rules). Write your word on your entry sheet.
- Write your name and total score on the clipboard tally sheet. Please print.
- Place your entry sheet in the basket provided.
- Wait til the game ends and see if you win! Winner need not be present.